WHAT I OFFER
Individual Mentoring, Life Coaching, Career Progression, Media Training and travel writing workshops. London or via Skype. I've worked with over 800 individual writers, PR departments, and entrepreneurs worldwide Click here for what they say.
Non-fiction book authors: How to focus your ideas, decide on a market and prepare a pitch that will get you commissioned by an agent or publisher.
INTERVIEW SKILLS How to impress and get a job. For writers: how to get quotes for a story or profile.
CAREER PROGRESSION How to find and identify the best job for your abilities.
Most of my coaching revolves around work issues.....
- Clarify and reach goals
- Access potential
- Manage, lead or delegate
- Impress editors or clients
- Decision making
- Put your message across
- Grow your start-up
I set up Facebook group JournoAnswers to support writers worldwide. Currently 3.2K members. We post up jobs and work opportunities. Increase your confidence by linking up with other journalists. To join click here.
Individual help in person or via Skype
- Clarify your career path
- Social media skills
- Improve pitches
- Explore new markets
- Write digital content
- Personal progression
- Pitch Clinics London Brainstorm and get individual feedback on ideas, names of editors and outlets online and in print
- Freelance Writing and Blogging 11 weeks City Lit from Wed 1 May 2019 10.30-12.30
- Writing for Magazines 6 weeks City Lit from Wed 24 October 1.30-3.30pm
- Travel Writing City Lit Summer Workshop July 17-19 10.30-4.30. AND 6 weeks from 24 Oct
- Freelance Writing City University 8 weeks Monday evenings from 1 October
- Impress clients with innovative ideas
- Write effective editorial
- Get messages across clearly
- Crisis management and interview skills
- Individual or team training
- Twitter training for journalists
- Writing a blog and increasing followers
- Understanding LinkedIn and Facebook
- Promoting your brand
WHO I WORK WITH
- freelance journalists
- women returners
- former editors
- non-fiction writers
- HR departments
- public relations and marking execs
- travel and food industry professionals
- the hotel industry
Susan Grossman is a former BBC journalist, broadcaster, travel writer and magazine editor of 30 years standing. She is certified by the (ILM) Institute of Leadership and Management in coaching and mentoring and works across all sectors. Susan also works as a media trainer. She currently lectures on an MA in journalism at Westminster University and also teaches at the City Lit and on short courses at City University.